Calling the Cops on Dialogue


Martin, a pro-9/11-truth libertarian from Southern California, recently sent me the following story:


Rice University Jewish Studies Professor calls police over youtube 9/11 video

A Houston man who sent a Rice University professor a youtube link via e-mail in October was contacted by police investigators shortly thereafter. The video, entitled 'History They Don't Teach You in School', was e-mailed to Rice University Jewish Studies professor Rabbi Shira Lander, Ph.D, after the man had seen fliers advertising her Jewish studies anti-semitism class.  [full article here ]



Always seeking a "teachable moment" and a good radio show, I emailed the Rabbi:


Dear Rabbi Lander,

I am writing you regarding the recent news story Rice University Jewish Studies Professor calls police over youtube 9/11 video.

I am mentioned in the article as lead editor, alongside noted theologian John Cobb and Jewish Studies professor Sandra Lubarsky, of 9/11 and American Empire v.2: Christians, Jews and Muslims Speak Out.  Co-editor Sandra Lubarsky, in her essay "Terrible Fears, Terrible Desires: A Jewish Response to 9/11" bravely admits to being "fearful of what might happen, were Jewish or Israeli involvement in 9/11 established."

Perhaps it was this kind of fear that led you to call the police over an emailer whose purpose appeared to be informative, not threatening.

I would like to send you a copy of
9/11 and American Empire v.2: Christians, Jews and Muslims Speak Out. After you have read it, and examined some of the evidence that 9/11 was a false-flag operation designed to demonize Muslims, you might consider apologizing to the emailer, and joining me for some interfaith dialogue on one of my radio shows. 

After all, "never again" applies equally to everyone, does it not?

Sincerely,

Kevin



* * *


And "never again" did I hear from the good rabbi. Maybe the moment wasn't as teachable as I thought! Oh well, at least she didn't call the cops on me.

She did, however, apparently contact fellow Jewish Studies professor Sandra Lubarsky, who felt compelled to email me a disclaimer stating that she has seen no evidence of Israeli or Mossad involvement in 9/11 and in fact does not believe that either Israel or the Mossad was involved. I answered:


Dear Sandra,

Always good to hear from you!

In my email to Shira Lander I did not mean to imply that you thought the Mossad was involved in 9/11. My point was that you ably expressed the fear you felt when contemplating that possibility - the same kind of fear that may have led Rabbi Lander to call the police inappropriately.  I admire you for bringing that fear out into the open and facing it publicly, and I meant to suggest that Rabbi Lander consider doing the same thing (by joining me on the radio).

By the way, I know this is a long shot, but would you like to take over as Coordinator of the Muslim-Jewish-Christian Alliance for 9/11 Truth (MUJCA)?  Lou Stolzenberg, a Methodist, stepped down almost a year ago. Since we've already had a Muslim (me) and a Christian (Lou) it would be great to have a Jewish coordinator.  You'd have complete control for a one- or two-year term (your choice).   If you can't, could you recommend anyone?

Best,

Kevin




I'm pretty sure that Sandra won't apply for the job of MUJCA coordinator - she's a full-time professor after all.  So if anybody out there knows the right Jewish 9/11 truth-seeker for the job, please contact me. The MUJCA Coordinator is appointed by the MUJCA board, acting on behalf of a nonprofit corporation; he or she edits the website and proposes, organizes, and/or endorses projects and events. Agreement with the (very different) perspectives of previous coordinators, or board members, is not a requirement!

Given that Israel, which defines itself as a Jewish state, is involved in a low-intensity war with virtually the entire Muslim world, it seems to me that interfaith dialogue on 9/11 (which most Muslims see as an American/Zionist false-flag op) is absolutely essential if that war is not to gradually or not-so-gradually heighten in intensity. So please, Jewish friends, let's talk this out!  We need dialogue on this issue, not cop-enforced silence.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,