If you like this blog

Don't miss Kevin Barrett's radio shows! And visit TruthJihad.com for more...

Monday, October 4, 2010

Matt Taibbi's Great Derangement

My fellow Muslim for 9/11 Truth Bill "Anab" Whitehouse has just posted a wonderful imaginary interview with fanatical anti-truther Matt Taibbi.  Taibbi, as you may recall, recently gave me the Most Obnoxious Thing on the Internet award for my suggestion that the US apologize to Muslims, who have been falsely blamed for 9/11, by building a mega-mosque on Ground Zero.

Taibbi's rabid opposition to 9/11 truth is itself a great derangement. As I once told a radio interviewer, lots of people email me to tell me I'm crazy. My response: Anyone who would email a crazy person to tell them they're crazy is crazier than the craziest crazy person. Taibbi, who supposedly thinks that the 9/11 truthers' arguments are invalid, yet who devotes a tremendous amount of time and energy to insulting them and calling them crazy (rather than constructing a careful, balanced, thorough, and nuanced argument explaining why they are wrong) is nuttier than the looniest "conspiracy theorist" of his deranged imagination.

Below is my email correspondence with Taibbi. Read it and tell me which one of us is crazy.

-Kevin Barrett

* * *

Dear Matt,

I would appreciate a response to my gracious acceptance of your Obnoxiousness Award.

I would also love to have you as a guest on my radio show. We could spend half the show agreeing about banking scams, and the other half disagreeing about 9/11 and the "war on terror." Let me know if you're willing and we'll set up a date. 

Brian J. tells me you are amazed by his "Mossad did 9/11" thesis. In fact, certain US officials (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle) were complicit. But no US agency would do 9/11 as an agency, whereas the Mossad certainly would...and did. Here are four prestigious and knowledgeable figures saying Mossad did 9/11:

*Alan Sabrosky, well-connected Ph.D. military expert.

*Alan Hart, former top BBC correspondent, Mideast expert.

* Michael Andregg, Professor, University of Minnesota; America's leading critical scholar of the intelligence services.

* Gen. Hamid Gul, former head of Pakistan's ISI, Bin Laden's former boss.

Evidence of Israeli complicity in 9/11 is discussed in Justin Raimondo's The Terror Enigma, Nafeez Ahmed's The War on Truth, and Chris Bollyn's Solving 9/11.  Here is a quick look at a small fraction of that evidence.

Christopher Ketcham's Salon.com article also makes a valuable contribution.

But then, as Ketcham's CIA source told him, "patriots (who point out that the Mossad did 9/11) are dead."  So you probably should just stay away from this topic, unless you are cursed with curiosity and a conscience.

Best,

Kevin

* * *

On Sep 2, 2010, at 9:12 PM, Taibbi, Matt wrote:

As for the end of your email, I find it hilarious how you're all screaming for someone to kill you for what you "know," and nobody will bother. Do you feel unappreciated? I would if I were you.

I tell you what: how about I publish an article claiming to believe the Mossad did it? If you can promise me that someone will make an attempt on my life, I'll do it. I'll make a deal with you however: if for some reason I'm still alive after a month, you have to agree to be photographed with a bull's cock in your mouth so I can post the shot online. Deal?

Sent from my iPhon

* * *

On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:34 PM, Kevin Barrett wrote:

Don't get hysterical, I was just quoting Ketcham's CIA source. He was referring to fellow intel community whistleblowers, shortly after 9/11. Can you recognize irony? Or did you really think I wanted you to stay away from this topic?!  If you don't comprehend irony, do NOT read my response to your award ; - )   http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-graciously-accept-rolling-stones.html


* * *

On Sep 2, 2010, at 10:00 PM, Taibbi, Matt wrote:

So, wait -- you weren't seriously implying that people who point out the Mossad did it get killed? You were joking about that? You weren't taking that idiotic quote fromKetcham's piece seriously?

You people all wish to God someone would repress and censor your "reporting." It would validate your stupidity. But nobody bothers because nobody cares what you say. That incidentally should be your first clue that you're wrong because in the real world there really  are serious consequences for uncovering dangerous facts. Reporters I knew in Russia, friends of mine, really were attacked and in two cases killed, and they didn't sit around like you begging to be silenced. Next to truly brave people like that you are a joke, and frankly you all should be ashamed of yourselves for pretending to be what they really are.

Sent from my iPad

* * *


On  September 2, 2010 10:35:04 PM CDT  Kevin Barrett wrote:

Regarding: So, wait -- you weren't seriously implying that people who point out the Mossad did it get killed? You were joking about that? You weren't taking that idiotic quote fromKetcham's piece seriously?

The quote was dead serious at the time and in context. The "patriots" who stood a chance of getting killed in 2001-2002 were intel community whistleblowers, not journalists and bloggers. I was being facetious in applying it to you.

Many 9/11 whistleblowers and could-be whistleblowers have disappeared or died under mysterious circumstances. Here is one: http://jenningsmystery.com/   And another: http://www.ksla.com/global/story.asp?s=7229970  and http://911blogger.com/taxonomy/term/7429

As to why there hasn't been a bloodbath of the nearly 100 million Americans who think 9/11 was an inside job designed to launch the wars (Scripps poll, 2006)...please read the original script for 9/11, Coup d'Etat: A Practical Handbook by top neocon military strategist Edward Luttwak. A student of Strauss and Wohlstetter, Luttwak scripts a Straussian/Zionist coup in the USA (without saying the word Zionist of course) and explains that "secret coup"  plotters must try to avoid bloodshed which would arouse resistance.  Stanley Hilton, a U of Chicago grad student alongside Luttwak in the 1960s, said something like "all these guys (the students of Strauss and Wohlstetter, including Wolfowitz and Perle) did all day long was plot the overthrow of the US government" and that 9/11 was the culmination of their plans.

By the way, why are you so defensive/aggressive about this topic? Usually when smart people don't know much about something they're a lot more humble.

Kevin

* * *

On September 2, 2010 at 11:18:06 PM CDT Taibbi, Matt wrote:

I know Edward Luttwak. That you're taking him as a source for anything is ridiculous. He's a sad old man who makes a living being a talking head for tabloid journalists who need an "intelligence" quote.

You people make me angry because you have no sense of shame. Your ignorance is just astounding. I'm talking about life ignorance, not book ignorance. All you do is send me links. You can find proof of anything on the Internet-- just look at these birther bozos who think they have proof Obama isn't American. They believe it just like you believe your bullshit. All of you, Truthers and Birthers, you're reality-shoppers. You go on the internet to find the proof for the reality you've already decided to believe. It's pathetic. Go outside. Meet a girl or something. And leave the investigating to people who know how to use the telephone.

Sent from my iPad

* * *

On September 2, 2010 11:36:12 PM CDT Taibbi, Matt wrote:

The Jennings case, you don't even know how he died! He might have sneezed to death for all you know. And I love how Avery, that idiot, couldn't even convince a PI to investigate the case -- and those guys will do ANYTHING for money. I'll bet you $100 his "refusal to investigate" was due to Avery not offering him enough money. And you're citing this to me as a suspicious death? With a straight face?

* * *

On September 3, 2010 10:40:37 AM CDT Kevin Barrett wrote:

Matt, I'm sending you links because I can't afford to send you books. The scholarly literature overwhelmingly supports 9/11 revisionism. There is no scholarly literature whatsoever supporting the official story against its critics. Read the eight books of David Ray Griffin. Read Zarembka's compendium The Hidden History of 9/11, published by Elsevier, Europe's leading scholarly publisher. Read The Journal of 9/11 Studies. (Find the link yourself.)

I've used the telephone to get America's leading academic Bin Laden expert, Bruce Lawrence, to state flat-out that the OBL "confession video" is bogus, and that all of his many acquaintances in the 24/7 Homeland Security Bin Laden detail know it's bogus. Listen here: http://www.radiodujour.com/people/lawrence_bruce/

I have a Ph.D. in Arabic/Islamic studies, speak and read fluent Arabic, and know more about Middle East/Islam/"terrorism" issues than you and any 100 journalists in America.

Your obscurantism is off-the-charts. If you want to trade insults, fine. But I'd rather see you pull your head out of your ass, read the 40+ crucial books on the topic (or at least a few of them), and eventually change your mind.

7 comments:

  1. Actually, there is ONE important anti-9/11-truth scholarly article: Cass Sunstein's "Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures." It presents no evidence whatsoever against the 9/11 truth thesis, and appears to be a veiled confession that the author knows it was an inside job, and thinks the truth needs to be suppressed at all costs. http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/09/sunlight-disinfects-sunstein-now-bring.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep up the great work. Counter irrational emotion with logic and facts. He is projecting his own state of mind on you. He is the one disregarding the evidence to embrace emotional shame and ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Taibbi is not the only notable leftist who is a rabid truth-denier. Most of them seem to be so: I had similar unpleasant mail exchanges on public lists with a couple of them (Doug Henwood and Louis Proyect), always ending with them spitting insults against my plain and cool quoting of sources and facts, and in some case ending the thread menacing to ban anyone who speaks again about the subject.

    I find this kind of reaction extremely suspect, indicative of the fact that they must know the truth like anybody else with at least a half brain working, which explain their signs of distress having to defend the matrix of b/s that is the official line.

    I am very curious about their motivations, though. Maybe as leftists they are statists and they fear a complete loss of public faith in the state (which would be a great progress in my view). Or... Any other guess?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe they can't handle the bad brain chemicals. http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/10/why-they-hate-hearing-truth-about-911.html Facing the truth that we're governed by psychopaths, and are a psychopathic society, is too much for people brought up on "we're (flawed) good guys, our intentions are always good, we're making progress towards betterment, blah blah blah." That kind of attitude works well with being a decently-paid professional member of the loyal opposition. 9/11 truth upends the table and destroys the game. If they faced the truth, these "loyal leftists" would have to face the truth about who THEY are, not just what Zio-America is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ALMOST make me feel sorry for Matt. He has waded in far enough now that he can barely touch bottom, and he can only maintain the fiction that he supports the dominent myth as long as he doesn't know very much about its fatal flaws and non-sequiturs. He is almost submerged in the subject. He must insult and sling his japes and taunts because the alternative must be to deal with facts, which are not on his side. Pity. He can be so rational when dealing with matters on which he is free to use rationality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kevin -
    Read your work with interest.
    As to Taibbi and the 9-11 truthers, you might be interested in this:


    http://mindbodypolitic.com/2010/06/19/matt-taibbi-gonzo-journalist-or-establishment-plant/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Matt, you have some issues! As for the bull's cock, you failed to specify if it had to be still attached to the bull - I'd really like to know because since Kevin is REALLY busy, I could offer to be a substitute but I would need this point clarified as it could be a deal breaker. What a creative, intelligent, thought provoking mind you have Matt - it appears Kevin isn't the one who needs to "find a girl" (see above) By the way, they have anger management therapy now...

    ReplyDelete