I'm Not Leaving the Country After All

(Obama Inspired "Hope" for "Change"? Nope -- It's My Wife)

by Kevin Barrett, http://www.truthjihad.com

A few days after I announced that I was leaving the country, my wife Skyped me from Morocco to tell me no, I would NOT be leaving the country.

"Your country needs you," she could have said. Or, "you can't leave now, at this decisive juncture." Or, "you must stay in the USA and keep up the struggle."

What she actually said was more like, "Morocco ain't it -- prices are up, temperatures are down, the Europeans are buying up property, and Wal-Mart type big box stores are everywhere. It's getting to be like the USA without central heating." She was shivering with a bad case of the flu in her sister's 45-degree house. She explained that due to rising property values and the fall of the dollar, there was no way we could establish the kind of "come to Morocco to learn about Islamic spirituality" nonprofit business we'd had in mind. She wanted to return to the USA ASAP. So much for a romantic life in exile.

"But Fatna," I protested, "I just announced I was leaving the Zionist-controlled USA! After you say something like that, you HAVE to leave! If I stay, I'll get blacklisted and won't be able to work here ever again!"

"You're already blacklisted," she pointed out.

"Yes, but I'm blacklisted for speaking the truth about 9/11," I explained. "That isn't nearly as serious."

"How's that?"

"It's one thing to charge the president, the vice-president, and top military and intelligence leaders with blowing up the World Trade Center with thousands of people inside in order to launch criminal wars of aggression. It's a whole nother thing to criticize Israel. And if you point out that Zionist Jews and to a lesser extent Christians really DO control our Mideast policy, through their extreme overrepresentation in the journalistic, financial and political sectors...well, at that point you've really crossed the line. Even the 9/11 truth movement isn't ready for that much truth."

She said that was all very interesting, but she and the kids had decided they wanted to return to the USA, not set up residence in Morocco, c'est tout.

After thinking it over, I told her I was okay with that. Moving to Morocco had always been more her project than mine -- for many years she'd been pushing for the move, with special insistence during the past six months. I had been kind of looking forward to moving, but now I could be kind of looking forward to not moving.

I had been hoping to perfect my Arabic while telling Moroccans what they already know: 9/11 was an inside job, the Palestinian cause is just, we need to shut down the empire and eliminate the interest-based money system and so on. Now I guess I'll have to go back to saying it in English to a country that mostly doesn't want to hear it.

Anyway, it's great to be back. It feels almost like I never left.